Application - Phets

Post your guild application here.
Phets

Application - Phets

Unread post by Phets » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Greetings all. Long time MMO player, 44 year old Dad of two kids and two dogs, live in England, starting in the good old days of Everquest, seeking a guild for my next MMO that I've been waiting for for a long, long time. I've played all sorts of MMO's from classic to modern, loved all my experiences along the way but know that what I love best is the type of MMO of which original/early EQ typifies. I sincerely hope that Pantheon is that game - a combination of old school mechanics in a modern, up-to-date setting.

As regards the application:

What experience do you have playing MMORPG games? Please give details.

I started a little late in Everquest, on the Stromm server in late 2003 I believe (possibly early 2004 - its a bit hazy). I played in various guises but mained a Ranger through to 2005 when I left EQ to play (inadvisedly) EQ2. Quit EQ2 quickly (shared XP debt on death....) to return to EQ for another year or so. Then moved country (back to the UK from abroad) and started playing WoW.

Played WoW through to Cataclysm, as a healer and heal leader/officer for my guild, then quit to play SWOTOR. Guild leader of a guild and raided through much of SWOTOR until the bugs and issues led my guild to quit and move en mass to Guild Wars 2. Led one of the top guilds on Gunnar's Hold server in GW2 until the guild at large started to lose interest in the game. A quick dalliance back to SWTOR - same issues as before - then I decided to go back to EQ. Joined The Silent Minority on The Rathe - great guild - played Necro then back to my old Ranger. Played Eve Online for a bit on the side. TSM in EQ struggled with their Euro players so I left and took up Eve full time.

An old friend from WoW/SWOTOR/GW2 days persuaded me to play Black Desert Online - been playing that for the past year or so.

Sounds like a lot in a short space of time, but that spans 15 years!

What raiding experience (if any) do you have? Please give details.

I have raided through all expansions in EQ from Original through Omens of War, then from Veil of Alaris through The Darkened Sea. Played DPS throughout, either Ranger or Necro. Killed all endgame raid bosses in all expansions I played.

Raided from vanilla WoW through Cataclysm, then again through Warlords of Draenor. Played Healer throughout - mostly Priest, occasionally Paladin. I was heal leader for our guild. Our crowning glory was completing pre-nerf Sartharion 3D and being top guild on our server for WotLK

Raided SWOTOR for all early raid content - played main tank (Powertech Bounty Hunter)

Led a PvP guild in GW2 including raid leading. Playing a Mesmer primarily. One of the top guilds on Gunnar's Hold server.

Why do you want to join United Kingdoms?

I really want to be part of an English speaking European guild, as I have been for much of my MMO career, which is set on Pantheon as their next game. I see that they are like-minded, of similar age/experience, and hopefully a perfect fit for me, my experience and background. I feel like I've been through so many evolutions of so many games that I know type of game I really want to play, and with what type of people I want to play that game with. I think UK is that group of people. I reckon I'd fit in, be able to speak about similar old times, share long nights camping stuff in the knowledge that I am with my own kind of people, tell awful jokes, blame the dog/kids/old age for making me afk and get nods of understanding in return.

What are your goals when playing Pantheon? Please give details.

Simple - rediscover old school gameplay in a new setting with new but familiar mechanics, have to work for small gains, have the journey as being more important than the destination. Make grouping vital, bring back crowd control! I want to be able to progress in a group/guild setting, eventually get to end game and raid successfully.

Do you have a microphone to talk to other guild members via our voice chat server?

Oh yes. I've used all types of VoiP and currently use Teamspeak, Mumble and Discord.

Do you have pre-alpha access to Pantheon?

No sadly not.

Do you have alpha access to Pantheon?

Yes, whenever that may be. Hopefully soon and no later than the end of 2018

Do you have beta access to Pantheon?

Yes

Thanks for reading and getting this far!

Very best

Phets

Three YouTube vids from my WoW, SWOTOR and GW2 days, in case you were interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muxtwRb45mk&t=471s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1cIxGt_sQ&t=190s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuJ-mJv_6lc&t=89s

Cromulent
Site Admin

Re: Application - Phets

Unread post by Cromulent » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:44 am

Hi Phets,

Sorry for the delay in handling your application. Please check your private messages.

Cromulent.