Application - Soulinias

Post your guild application here.
Soulinias

Application - Soulinias

Unread post by Soulinias » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:22 pm

Hello UK! My name is Sean, I am 34, and I live in Oslo. I am an American but have lived in Norway for around twelve years now. I am currently looking for a mature, like-minded guild to enjoy the med breaks with in Pantheon.

After having followed the Pantheon scene for a while I pledged in and started perusing the forums. I have previously joined other UK based guilds for raiding and typically find the community to my liking, I hope to find that same magic with you. Early on in my MMO career I played fairly hardcore but life moves on, so now I like to think of myself as a focused gamer somewhere in-between hardcore and casual. What I mean by that is I enjoy the day-to-day social and easygoing playtime, but when it is time to raid it is time to raid. I read the tactics, I get my consumables, and I get a little peeved if I am not the best in my role xD Not angry, but it drives me to be better. I once spent a Christmas vacation creating my own addon buff/cd trackers for Rift so that I could irk out every DPS number from my caster. My time as a damage dealer was fun, but where I truly find the most enjoyment is in healing. Nothing satisfies me more than everything going to hell but finding somehow someway to keep it together long enough for the team to win. If that sounds like the group you are going for I would appreciate the chance to find others of my ilk in your ranks.

- What experience do you have playing MMORPG games? Please give details. -
Oh jeez, started with Ultima Online, moved to EQ1 where I stubbornly played a useless Ranger for 4 years. Then WoW where I played a Priest in a hardcore raiding guild until the end of Cataclysm. In between... Rift, Archeage, EQ2, Star Wars, FF14, GW2, Eve Online. Over the last year I have also raided on two EQ progression servers just for nostalgia (wizard and monk, Coirnav and Agnarr).

- What raiding experience (if any) do you have? Please give details. -
Most games I have played for a longer period I end up raiding in, mainly because I tend to find most of my social connections in that arena. Everything from Hardcore raiding for firsts down to casual pick up. I have played DPS and heals but never really a tank raider. I have been known to take a Friday free now and again and spend very little time sleeping on a three day grind where time flies like nothing.

- Why do you want to join United Kingdoms? -
I have always found the timeslot and the community to fit with my own proclivities. While I could raid with Norwegian/Swedish guilds (and have done) there is an easier flow being a native English speaker. Of the European guilds currently looking UK seems to fit best with what I am looking for, and groups from there have worked out very well in the past.

- What are your goals when playing Pantheon? Please give details. -
I am currently married (no kids) to a wonderful woman who understands my gamer lifestyle (being one herself). We both have full time jobs and those two things DO have to come first. However I am typically active nearly every day in gaming and am free to raid. My goal in Pantheon is to find a group that has a good time socially whether we are grouping, gathering, or raiding. We will struggle, we will die, we will prevail, and along the way I hope to find those people who I truly enjoy seeing log on.

Do you have a microphone to talk to other guild members via our voice chat server?
YES

Do you have pre-alpha access to Pantheon?
NO

Do you have alpha access to Pantheon?
YES

Do you have beta access to Pantheon?
YES

Tombstone

Re: Application - Soulinias

Unread post by Tombstone » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Crikey, I do apologise, I'm normally straight onto these threads but work went manic at the turn of the year and I've not checked for a while, welcome to the forums, are you still seeking a guild?

I started with UO too, in 1997 , Catskills server :)