Application - Dobbs

Post your guild application here.
Dobbs

Application - Dobbs

Unread post by Dobbs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 am

Hey guys. After about a year of passively lurking on the Pantheon forums and subreddit, I finally decided to become a bit more active within the community, seeing how the game is making significant strides.

What experience do you have playing MMORPG games? Please give details.

My first MMO was EQ2 which I started playing at launch back in 2004. I stuck around until the end of 2006 (EoF) at which point I was in my first year of uni and couldn't really fit it into my schedule any more as I was playing on a US server with a bunch of friends. Who knew that staying up all night wasn't good for your education? Anyway, I shelved EQ2 in hopes to finally discover where my morning lectures were held and what they were all about. Beginning of 2007 I started playing Eve Online and have been wasting a considerable amount of my waking time there ever since. (save me) I have also had short stints in other MMOs every now and then, but none of them grabbed my attention for more than a few months. I played Rift, SWTOR, tried WoW of course.

What raiding experience (if any) do you have? Please give details.

I raided as a coercer in EQ2 and cleared content from launch up until KoS. My memory is kinda fuzzy but I am pretty sure I didn't do any EoF raids. It is not really raiding, but I have also been actively involved in large scale content in Eve by leading small sized fleets of 20ish people and actively supporting large ones of 150-200+.
From the shorter stint MMOs, I raided as a tank in Rift for a short period of time. I started the game on one of those really low population servers so it was really hard to gather an active raiding group and that kind of fell through eventually. Also raided as tank and off-tank in SWTOR. If I remember correctly there were two raids at launch(?) That game just didn't hold my attention long enough for some reason.

Why do you want to join United Kingdoms?

Seeing how Pantheon will hopefully be an MMO heavily focused on group content, I think finding a guild of like-minded people will be important for my enjoyment of the game. I am turning 30 in a couple of months (yikes!) and UK seems like a stable mature community to enjoy the game with from start to finish.

What are your goals when playing Pantheon? Please give details.

To have fun and relax. Obviously I find clearing content enjoyable. I like being active, I like exploring, I like preparing to raid, I like raiding. But sometimes I also enjoy just sitting on TS / Mumble / Discord and chatting with people while doing nothing in particular. I find community the most enjoyable aspect. With the right people around, anything can be enjoyable... I mean sheesh... I've basically had a second space job the last 11 years.

Do you have a microphone to talk to other guild members via our voice chat server?

Yes - and beware - I use it... badly.

Do you have pre-alpha access to Pantheon?

Yep

Do you have alpha access to Pantheon?

Yep

Do you have beta access to Pantheon?

Yep

Cromulent
Site Admin

Re: Application - Dobbs

Unread post by Cromulent » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi Dobbs,

Thank you for your application. Please check your private messages.

Cromulent.