Application - Raynipper

Post your guild application here.
Raynipper

Application - Raynipper

Unread post by Raynipper » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Evening all,

I'd like to apply to join this here fine guild. I'd say why now but feel that would be stealing my own thunder from the questions below ... so without further ado:

• What experience do you have playing MMORPG games? Please give details.

I started MMORPGs back in the mid 90s with a couple of MUDs - the final one being a game called Legends of Kesmai on AOL; believe it or not I still play that from time to time today (albeit clearly not on AOL!)

I progressed to EQ right at the beginning right in '99 when I started university and had enough time on my hands to play seriously and raid. I moved away to WoW around the time PoP came out and again took that pretty seriously through vanilla and BC.

I then fell out of love with WoW certainly come Cata, and though I've tried the likes of SWTOR, Rift, GW2 and a few others, I never really found any that absorbed me in the same way, and so nothing in the last 7 or 8 years has really got its hooks into me like EQ/WoW used to.

• What raiding experience (if any) do you have? Please give details.

I raided in EQ and vanilla WoW, almost without exception as a healer. I wouldn't pretend to be a deep expert and will certainly be rusty, but I have always been patient and quick to pick things up - plus I enjoy research and theory-crafting - so am very confident I can do my part.

• Why do you want to join United Kingdoms?

The most fun I ever had in a guild was in a British guild we called Bloody Limeys (a name I remain proud of!). It was an awesome group that progressed through a few games and into EQ. I enjoyed the banter and the general "not being American"ness of it! From what I've seen / read - some of the interactions of United Kingdoms reminds me of some of those times.

Looking forward, I'm very excited about Pantheon, and doing it with a great, supportive, mature and fun group seems the perfect plan.

• What are your goals when playing Pantheon? Please give details.

My primary goal of Pantheon is to rediscover the joy of discovery and adventure that I haven't felt playing MMORPGs for many years. In more granular terms, that means

I've never been the quickest to level or the first to max anything out. Even when I had time to commit, I tended to spend my time jumping around, be it helping out guild mates or randoms, playing with my trade skills, or exploring somewhere that I probably shouldn't be. I enjoy the journey as much or more than the ending.

In the interest of full transparency, these days I combine a job I spend too many hours on, with having a heavily pregnant wife, which means that my hours for gaming are less than they used to be. If you want someone who will spend 40 hours a week rushing to max, I'm probably not your man. If you want someone who is reliable (I guess baby related crises aside... can't wait for that), supportive, positive, fairly unflappable, and always willing to bring humour to the table (not always humorously, though I try!), then I'm your guy.

• Do you have a microphone to talk to other guild members via our voice chat server?

Yup. I'm not a huge talker in voice chat channels; I prefer to banter through text - mostly because my wife looks at me funny when I talk too much on the headset. But: when it comes to raiding and team communications, then I'll be set.

• Do you have pre-alpha access to Pantheon?

No. It felt a bit excessive.

• Do you have alpha access to Pantheon?

Yes

• Do you have beta access to Pantheon?

Yes

Orko

Re: Application - Raynipper

Unread post by Orko » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:16 pm

Welcome to the forums Raynipper. This has to be one of the best applications that I have seen for some time. I'm sure you find a place in United Kingdoms - Assuming that Cromulent lets you in. :D
- "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Raynipper

Unread post by Raynipper » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:53 am

Thank you Orko!

Kind words and a Dr Strangelove quote in one post! What a great way to enjoy my morning coffee. (Nearly ruined by how I only just picked up that my auto-correct went for “Oreo” not “Orko...)

Raynipper

Cromulent
Site Admin

Unread post by Cromulent » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi Raynipper,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been busy in real life recently.

Thank you for your application. Please check your private messages.

Cromulent.