Application - Flinn

Post your guild application here.
Flinn

Application - Flinn

Unread post by Flinn » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Hello UK folks !

My Real Live name is Alex, i am 44 yrs from Germany, Berlin.

I am married and have a beautiful, and understanding wife, who lets me pursue my passion, which is mmorpgs.

My aquaintance to this wonderful genre started with LOTRO (thats Lord of the Rings Online for you), where i played a hobbit thief/rogue - as far as i could renember :P

Back then, i did not know the heck of proper questing, combat or grouping up/join guilds ....
(I did not even know what a guild really was, or how big they could be!)

Pantheon : Rise of the Fallen, i discovered by sheer accident; but once i did, i could not stop, until i had read every newsletter, every announcement, and seen a few earlier streams. Very soon i knew, that this was the game i was going to play for an odd number of years ...

FYI, i am going to get the Pathfinders Pledge, as soon as i got my credit card statement for this month, so in a few weeks ! Pathfinders Pledge means, i get to enjoy both alpha and beta, and i feel this will be a blast !

I am not a sucker for great graphics, rather the atmosphere, the way the world is shaping up, having lots of fun with my new comrades/guildies and sharing both laughs and memories, that is what gets me !

- What experience do you have playing MMORPG games? Please give details. -

As i said above, i started with Lord of the Rings Online, but tried out both World of Warcraft, Rift (only briefly), and finally got stuck with Star Wars the Old Republic - my first character and main back then was a Sith Sorcerer as DPS class, although i renember doing some heals for instanced content, similar to dungeons.

I stayed with that characters archtype (the Sith Inquisitor), and leveled a Sith Assassin (melee spec), and funnily enough, the skill tree which appealed the most to me was the Darkness Tree, which was reserved for tanks.

So there i was, having leveled my Sith Assassin Tank to the endgame, when read an ingame mail from a guildmate of mine, who tanked in one of the three progression raid groups we had back then in the guild.
He told me, that they needed a replacement for his tanking partner, who quit the game all of the sudden, bringing a halt to their progression, and asked me, if i wanted to take his place.

Tanking next to my buddy in the Shadow of Revan era of SWTOR was the most satisfying experience i ever had.

-What raiding experience (if any) do you have? Please give details.-

I raided on my Sith Sorcerer before and during the "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" expansion, and tanked for the entirety of "Shadow of Revan" and to a minor extent during the time of the "Knights of the Fallen Empire".

In total, i played my characters in five Raids, tanking in two of them.

With my tank i learned to min-max, do some theorycrafting, learned how to put together a good opener for max mitigation, and what the priority list of my skills entailed - i can tell you, that my guildies were pleased by my performance, although i surely haven´t been in the top 1.000 let alone top 10.000 tanks in the entire game.

- Why do you want to join United Kingdoms? -

I read your recruitment post, and feel, that with your attitude, companionship and desire to progress in the endgame of Pantheon, i would feel right at home in your guild. Enjoy a good banter, and most of the time pretty lighthearted, love to joke and fool arround a bit, but when its time to raid, i put on my serious face, and come prepared - on time (i was always on time during my swtor career, never to late once) with all the latest consumables, flasks, potions, food, you name it !

- What are your goals when playing Pantheon? Please give details. -

I would like to support my guild, and the members of my raid team to the fullest, you can always ask me to help out a newbie, support some grinding/gathering or some more.
My aim is to have a main, which i will learn inside out, but provide some other characters so i can fill in a needed role to make sure our progression continues, even in the event of one key member of our raid team being absent.

My first character will most likely be a halfling/human rogue or dwarven warrior, named "Flinn", but i am interested in the Bard and Necromancer aswell, when they are available.

Though i have full time job and have to care for our son, i plan to be online almost daily, doing whatever needs to be done, or join whatever activity you guys can think of. That is the spirit of kinship.

Do you have a microphone to talk to other guild members via our voice chat server?
YES.

Do you have pre-alpha access to Pantheon?
NO.

Do you have alpha access to Pantheon?
YES. (after i pledged)

Do you have beta access to Pantheon?
YES. (after i pledged)

Looking forward to hear from you !
Cheers,
Alex

Cromulent
Site Admin

Re: Application - Flinn

Unread post by Cromulent » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi Flinn,

Thank you for your application. Please check your private messages.

Cromulent.