DazL's Application

Post your guild application here.
dazl

DazL's Application

Unread post by dazl » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 pm

Heyas all,

After seeing the recruitment post on the Pantheon forum I decided to submit my application here.

Before I get to the questions/template, let me introduce myself a little... (I copied/pasted the next part from the Pantheon forums. Nah.... im not lazy.... its uhm productive;P)

41 yo Male from the Netherlands here. Besides being the father of a 15yo son, friend of an awesome (sadly non gaming) girlfriend and programmer at an insurance company... I spend most of my time watching sci-fi or fantasy, enjoying nature, playing around in Unity... and gaming ofcourse!=) Like many ppl nowadays I dont have the gametime to spend like 15-20 years ago, but still... If the right game comes along 10-12 hour playsessions are still happening now and then ;P

The right game.... been so long... Been playing the same old Civ4/5, Supreme Commander or Football Manager for ages now. Levelled to max level again on P1999 a few times... Im so excited about finally having a game on the horizon again that I really really look forward too!

Must have been late 1999 when I created my first character on EQs Bertoxxulous server. A friend went missing in action a few weeks earlier and I discovered he was playing this game...Everquest... And so it all began... Haha. Oh well... For the MMORPG part that is. Way before that I convinced my parents at the age of 9 that trading all my Lego's for a Commodore 64 was a great idea ;P Been gaming ever since. Always loved the strategy, adventure or rpg games. Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Defender of the Crown or Wizardry 7 anyone?=)

Anyway... EQ was something totally different. It was so mysterious, rewarding and at the same time unforgiving... I was sold instantly. Made an Erudite chanter and played him as main for about 2 years. I think I had like 240 days played in those 2 years... lol. Never regretted 1 second I spend in that game. But sometime around Luclin the magic was gone for me. Been coming back now and then, only to see EQ turn into a totally different game than the game I liked to play so much.

After EQ the only games I really liked were EQII and SWG (at launch). Tried so many others... Asherons Call II (didnt play I as I played EQ;P), Shadowbane, Vanguard (my machine couldnt run it well at that time), Warhammer, WoW, DnD Online, SWTor and probably a dozen others... It got worse and worse... Nowadays I dont even bother anymore. Now and them I play through one or two games in like a few weeks and never look back. Its all about the instant gratification and all so self centered. A game like GTA5 or Blade and Soul is fun for a week or 2... but that's it. WoW clones I try to avoid completely nowadays. I want to play a MMORPG to have fun WITH ppl... not rush to whatever loot and never say a word to anyone...

Always been the guild kind of player. Not the hardcore raiding guild kind of guy, but still I love to see all content and defeat all challenges. Just dont mind if Im not first. Always enjoyed the journey and company more than the loot (and no... you can't have my stuff...;). The guilds Ive been in (some Ive even lead when I had the time still) were usually 'friend' guilds. Starting out with only 5-6 ppl and slowly growing towards 25-30ish ppl where everybody knew eachother very well and even met irl now and then. Trying and failing so many raids before eventually getting everything right and progressing through all the content at our own pace. Best online times I had, no doubt.

Anyway... on to the questions =)

What experience do you have playing MMORPG games? Please give details.

Well as written above here I played many MMORPGs.

What raiding experience (if any) do you have? Please give details.

Ive raided the classic EQ expansions and the first few EQII expansions. Ive lead guilds and raids, although I think others might fit the role of raidleader better (Im a bit too social for that role I think...).

Why do you want to join United Kingdoms?

Well I have to be honest here. Ive been playing with the same ppl in EQ, SWG, DAOC, Warhammer and a few other games. At some point we each went our own way somehow (I guess rl happened). At our peak we we're one of the top guilds on our EQ2 server. He're a peak into our history with the wayback archive http://web.archive.org/web/200507061041 ... /index.asp.
Amyway... we always kept in touch through the forums and we were planning to pick up MMORPGs with EQNext. I got a guildsite up and running again and we had like 20ish ppl set to go again... Well you all know what happened to EQN... The EQN guildsite is still up though (used for keeping in touch) http://synergy-eqn.com/portal/portal.php.
Ive contacted them about Pantheon, but it seems most of them totally lost interest again. None had or felt the passion for Pantheon like me so I decided to look for another guild. I dont have the time (work, kid, gf) to rebuild a guild so at this point Id rather join a group of like minded ppl. In my search I ended up here =)

What can I bring to this guild? We'll besides experience in organising stuff in guilds, helping with the website/forums (if needed, I build the ones linked earlier also) I would say my most valuable asset would be a very positive mindset. A 'can-do' mentality. Im a social guy and love dungeon crawling/raiding with a great group of ppl. With the emphasis on a great group of ppl. I mainly play MMORPGs for the social aspect (but ofcourse I like the competitive part of it also).

Oh and a great *cough* enchanter ofcourse. Been playing many classes in many different games, but always come back to the enchanter class. Will be playing one in Pantheon 99% sure.

Im not looking for any 'officer' role or whatsoever. Id rather be the guy who helps where help is needed. Because im afraid that with the rl schedule I have at times, it would frustrate me that I wouldnt play my 'role' like I would want to =) Some roles just need ppl with enough time and dedication.

Speaking of time. I still think I spend way more time online than the average gamer. If I would guess I can see myself playing Pantheon 2-4 hours a day on weekdays. Maybe skip a day here and there for gf faction, and at least a 10-12 hour session during the weekend. And if possible 2 of those=) That would be like 25-35 hours weekly... Djeez it must have been really bad when I was 25yo...;P

What are your goals when playing Pantheon? Please give details.

Like I said before, my main goal is to enjoy this game again like Ive enjoyed some classic MMORPGs with a great bunch of ppl. I do like to be competitive, but just at our own pace. I would love to be in a guild thats not a 'hardcore raidguild' , but still can do all content the game has to offer. Maybe not first, but hey, we are enjoying the ride also right?

Do you have a microphone to talk to other guild members via our voice chat server?

Yes. Must say Im not the biggest fan of teamspeak etc. Somehow it takes away from the immersion ingame. Somehow in classic EQ we managed huge raids with just guildchat. But if needed Ill join the channels , no problem =)

Do you have pre-alpha access to Pantheon?

No

Do you have alpha access to Pantheon?

Yes

Do you have beta access to Pantheon?

Yes

Hoping my application gets approved =)

*Casts benevolence*

DazL

Cromulent
Site Admin

Re: DazL's Application

Unread post by Cromulent » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:08 am

Hi DazL.

Thank you for your application. Please check your private messages.

Cromulent.

Quinethsoth

Unread post by Quinethsoth » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:09 am

Welcome DazL :)

Leozaur

Unread post by Leozaur » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Welcome, fellow dev! :)
I didn't mention it in my intro, but yeah, I could help with the forums/website as well, probably. Though it's been ages since I done any frontend work, so my knowledge of HTML/CSS and newer JS frameworks is thoroughly outdated.

Cromulent
Site Admin

Unread post by Cromulent » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 am

Leozaur wrote:Welcome, fellow dev! :)
I didn't mention it in my intro, but yeah, I could help with the forums/website as well, probably. Though it's been ages since I done any frontend work, so my knowledge of HTML/CSS and newer JS frameworks is thoroughly outdated.
As it happens I'm a dev myself. Started programming in C then moved onto Python then C++. Also did some C# and Java work as well. Never really did spend much time doing any JavaScript either so I'm a bit behind as well. I was working on a Pantheon database website but someone seems to have beaten me to it so I'm thinking of skipping that for the time being. No need to have multiple databases.