Application

Post your guild application here.
Kalyst

Application

Unread post by Kalyst » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi all,
Quick introduction from me before I go into the application questions…

I’m Phil, based in Oxford. I’m a Facilities Manager working for the University.

I’ve been watching Pantheon’s development for a while and with the recent change to pledges jumped onto one before they changed (Knights Pledge). Being based in the UK, I am obviously looking for a solid UK guild… which has led me here.

What experience do you have playing MMORPG games? Please give details.
Played EQ from Launch until Omens of War. During that time, I played on a couple of servers (Solusek Ro, later moving to Kane Bayle). I raided throughout Kunark and Velious and was an active raid leader throughout Luclin/PoP in one of the top guilds on KB (TCR). Interest waned throughout Gates of Discord and I pretty much stopped altogether when Omens of War arrived.
EQ2 – played since launch. I was an active raider until the most recent expac. Still play occasionally, although my desire to play has pretty much dried up.
WoW – played it briefly with some friends. Raided up to and including Lich King.
Vanguard – Played it. Loved it. Mourned it.
Wildstar – Raid tanked the first few bosses. Very intense game especially in raid situations – it wore down a lot of people I played with and beyond raids the ‘end game’ was pretty poor.

What raiding experience (if any) do you have? Please give details.
Quite extensive – although I do not want to lead raids ever again (I’d sooner herd cats!!)
EQ – Lots of raiding in Kunark and Velious (possibly my favourite expac). Raid leading during Luclin and Planes of Power – coordinating 10+ groups with no voice chat (and often as the only bard!!). Incredibly enjoyable, especially when you manage firsts on Xegony, Rathe etc.
EQ2 – raid tanked Darathar in Vanilla. Switched to Templar in DoF. Eventually settled on Troubadour which I still play at times. Have raided pretty much everything up to and including parts of AoM.
WoW – mostly raided throughout TBC, WotLK and (early) Cata as DPS.
Wildstar – raid tank in 20 man raids.

Why do you want to join United Kingdoms?
Over the past few years I’ve been part of social and social/casual raid guilds. Whilst I wasn’t a member of <Unitied Kindoms> on EQ2 they were one of the leading non-hardcore guilds.
I’m looking for a Euro guild that ticks the boxes when it comes to playing an MMO – whether that’s talking whilst soloing, group quests/achievements/events etc and raiding.

What are your goals when playing Pantheon? Please give details.
Initially – find a class that I will enjoy… then explore the new world… hopefully with a group of like-minded people.
My usual pattern is to play for a few hours each evening. Weekends vary depending on other things going on.
Bottom line is to have fun.
Primary goal is to avoid tradeskilling (I see the value, I just despise doing it - I have lots of respect for people that do them)

Do you have a microphone to talk to other guild members via our voice chat server?
Yarp.

Do you have pre-alpha access to Pantheon?
Nope :cry:

Do you have alpha access to Pantheon?
Yarp (Knight’s Pledge)

Do you have beta access to Pantheon?
Yarp!

Cromulent
Site Admin

Re: Application

Unread post by Cromulent » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi Kalyst.

Thank you for your application. Please check your private messages.

Cromulent.

Quinethsoth

Re: Application

Unread post by Quinethsoth » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:06 am

Welcom Kalyst, similar here regarding EQ1 & 2 a couple of us are playing EQ2 while we wait for Pantheon.. Started new chars and currently around the lvl 40 mark