- What experience do you have playing MMORPG games? Please give details.
I've been playing MMO RPGs since 2003, mostly healer or ranged/caster DPS. I've tried too many to remember or discuss them all, so here's the relatively lasting ones:
- Ragnarök Online: Played mostly with priest (pure healer, literally no DPS), wizard and assassin, but tried pretty much every class during the years I've spent in it.
- WoW: Haven't stayed there for very long after BC, and most of that time was spent in random battlegrounds, PvE was just far too casual for me. And the only raid I attempted resulted in me falling asleep in the middle of a "fight"
- GW2: mostly played with elementalist, was relatively fun until they started the living story charade. I just don't participate in timed events with "unique rewards" out of principle. They didn't even start on expanding existing world/guild mechanics so I just ran out of new/fun content eventually, having completed all jumping puzzles . PvP failed to interest me in GW2.
- Wildstar: this is the only one since RO I actually left with good memories about. Played mainly Esper (caster DPS/healer) and Engineer (tank), ran all the dungeons countless times and raided quite a lot. It was a bliss.
- What raiding experience (if any) do you have? Please give details.
I haven't had much fun in raiding normally, I usually prefer smaller-scale group PvE/PvP content, especially in the past 7 years since graduation from uni - I just can't dedicate 4 hours straight to a game without being disturbed by family or work.
Wildstar was exception - been raiding 2-3 hours straight twice a week for a bit more than a year, mostly DPS but that was because we were full of healers and I didn't want to compete for already taken spots. Besides, DPS in Wildstar is just as fun and intense and responsible as healing or tanking.
- Why do you want to join United Kingdoms?
Please, this reminds me of stupid questions in job interviews "Oh it's because you're so successful and cool and I know I can reach higher grounds with you than any other company!" - ... I hate lying, so I'll be honest:
There is no reason I want to join United Kingdoms in particular. I'm just looking for any community to start playing with and see whether I fit there or not. There's just no way to predict our subjective opinion of each other. So as long as we're in relatively same time zone I try to join and start chatting - only time will tell if we're like-minded or not and whether that like-mindedness or the lack of it is an issue between us or a bond.
- What are your goals when playing Pantheon? Please give details.
It's hard to tell without having tried anything yet. I usually don't turn away from doing dungeons or other group content, I'm never in a hurry to highest levels or best gear so I usually don't mind stopping to chat, or help someone with something I personally don't need, or admire environment, or %paste any way to spend time in-game%.
I can say pretty confidently, though, I won't be crafting much. Crafting systems usually overwhelm me with huge numbers of different materials and blueprints and amount of grinding/money you have to spend to progress with it. I don't mind guild farming runs though for the ones that do dedicate a lot of time to crafting, it usually ends up fun being done in a group.
- Do you have a microphone to talk to other guild members via our voice chat server?
Are there really people in 2016 with a PC but without a headset?
If you mean whether I'll use it - true enough, I don't like wearing it for too long, my ears don't quite fit even in the largest earcups and it hurts after a few hours, so I usually only chat in voice while playing.
- Do you have pre-alpha access to Pantheon?
- Do you have alpha access to Pantheon?
- Do you have beta access to Pantheon?
Post your guild application here.