App - Dalston

Post your guild application here.
Dalston

App - Dalston

Unread post by Dalston » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:34 am

Hi there

Application below but a few more details about myself:

I'm Phil, a 43 year old living in Peterborough, UK. Family man with kids still at school. Sports mad - Cricket, Football, F1, NFL and spend most of my immediate free time as a Cricket Coach - coach for the County Youth Squad. Evenings and night times for PC time.

I love being part of a relaxed and helpful environment. I am generally pretty busy in RL so tend to pop on but keen to have the freedom to play without pressure. I have relaxed expectations but do expect good manners, politeness and respect for other members. If able to I will always do what I can to help someone out but wouldn't want to be made guilty if it's not possible. I'm not demanding really :)

What experience do you have playing MMORPG games? Please give details.

My first MMO experience was EQ around Velious time after I saw it on a PC Zone Magazine coverdisk (showing my age now...). I was hooked from the very moment I stepped into the world and played solidly up until Omens? I think - essentially when EQ2 was released. I levelled a Ranger to max (65 at the time) on the Karana server but also had a Cleric alt that I really enjoyed for social grouping. I was Guild Officer in a guild called Ancient Adventurers.

After several unfulfilling experiences in other MMO's I returned to EQ around 3 years ago with an old EQ friend - we character transferred to Antonious Bayle where I levelled up my Ranger to 100 (Cap) and spent some time in a guild called Ancient Dominion before shifting to Jesters of Norrath for a more social experience.

I played EQ2 for a while with some of my old Guildmates but it just didn't have the same appeal. I hated the locked combat with hotkey combos, the signposted quests etc. Still, I played a Guardian to max level at the time (90) - mainly through solo and group work.

I tried WoW as a very EQ friend had started playing - again, it had early, short term appeal that fizzled out pretty quickly.

Offline I was a massive fan of the Ultima Series and put enormous amounts of time into Ultima's V - VII

What raiding experience (if any) do you have? Please give details.

Not a great deal to be honest - my original server, Karana was a US guild but since I mainly played quite late int he evenings it suited however, raids would go on too late for me to manage with a full time job and family etc.

I have been on raids though and know my raid etiquette - keep safe between fights, know when to engage, keep chatter to a minimum, listen and follow instructions, do my job etc. Raiding experience was on EQ, but I tended to be always playing catch up with levels as a reasonably late starter to go on the big raids but did quite a few in the lower to middle tier Planes.

Why do you want to join United Kingdoms?

UK based (I live in Peterborough). I like many of the things I have seen written in the recruitment forums - seem like a great bunch. I like that the focus is on Pantheon - a dedicated website etc - where a community can grow and I can get to know the members rather than being 1 of thousands in a multi chapter universe.

What are your goals when playing Pantheon? Please give details.

I miss exploring, I miss the unknown, I miss discovery. I like to go and find new things, I like the social side, chatting, crafting, grouping, exploring, travelling rather than constantly grinding. I hope they don't have in game maps for example where you can tend to follow a cursor rather than take notice of what is going on around you.

I don't have lofty ambitions to conquer the game in 3 weeks or be the first to do everything. Too stressful! I want to get to know people, share experiences, learn how to play my class the best I can and be a great group member and guildmate.

I'll learn, i'll group, i'll raid when and if I can, i'll help others. Community.

Do you have a microphone to talk to other guild members via our voice chat server?

I could but prefer the old fashioned text comms if possible. I play on a gaming laptop with family members around rather than in a room away from others and I loathe to shut off from them. I tend to plug in and listen so I can pick up on instructions quickly and efficiently, but type out anything I need to say.

Do you have pre-alpha access to Pantheon?
No

Do you have alpha access to Pantheon?
Yes - via the Knights Pledge

Do you have beta access to Pantheon?
Yes - via the Knights Pledge

Cromulent
Site Admin

Re: App - Dalston

Unread post by Cromulent » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:23 am

Hi Dalston,

Thank you for your application. Please check your private messages.

Cromulent.

Dalston

Re: App - Dalston

Unread post by Dalston » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:01 pm

Fabulous - thank you!